Job opening: Purchaser
R. STAHL TRANBERG AS is looking for an ambitious purchaser with good negotiation skills and technical understanding who can balance day-to-day activities with a strategic approach to purchasing.
You will be part of the supply chain management team, and the R. STAHL TRANBERG organisation offers exciting career opportunities for the right candidate.
- Search for improvements and rationalisation effects that provide optimum costs and quality
- Responsible for sourcing and supplier contacts, follow up and update
- Negotiate with suppliers regarding prices and delivery times
- Stay informed about the market to have the best possible selection of suppliers at all time
- Responsible for the issue of requests and orders, follow-up orders and deliveries and ensure that purchase prices and cost prices are recorded
- Stay updated regarding the company’s product range
Qualifications and experience:
- Sound purchasing relevant education (BSc level)
- Around five years of experience in a purchasing environment, preferably from oil and gas/production-related business
- Purchasing and contract management skills
- Good knowledge of suppliers, structures and dynamics
- Good communication cooperation skills, both internal and external interfaces
- Fluent in the Norwegian language and a good level of English, both written and spoken
- Takes the initiative and responsibility
- Commercial mindset and technical understanding
- Structured and analytical approach to problem-solving
The Purchaser reports to the Supply Chain Director.
The office location is Gausel, Stavanger.
Founded in 1876, R.STAHL TRANBERG is a world-class provider of smart marine applications, explosion protection and systems safety to the oil & gas, marine and industrial sectors.
Combining long-term quality with smart innovation, solutions include its industry-leading marine lighting portfolio, a complete helideck lighting package, electro-mechanical products, and heat-tracing and winterization equipment.
R. STAHL TRANBERG is part of R. STAHL Group, a global market leader in components and solutions for explosion protection, based in Waldenburg, Germany, and operating with subsidiaries in 24 countries, seven international production sites and branches in over 50 locations worldwide.